CDL CLASS B RECYCLE/TRASH TRUCK DRIVER https://employers.indeed.com/j#jobs/view?id=7929b87cd39e
Recycling Company in Newark looking to hire CLASS A OR B CDL DRIVER EXPERIENCED RECYCLE AND TRASH TRUCK DRIVERS
- Drivers Must: Drive diesel truck to and from customer locations and disposal area. Performs other job-related duties as assigned. Salary Can be Negotiated based on level of experience
LOOKING TO HIRE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE Full-time
Responsibilities and Duties
- Operate assigned vehicle in accordance with Giordano Companies’ policies, Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements (see Driver Policy), and any and all state, federal and local laws, including safety regulations and traffic laws (i.e. no cell phone usage, headphone usage, littering, etc.).
- Safely and efficiently drive the assigned route, covering all streets in the manner instructed by the Route Supervisor. Employee will be responsible for any tickets, citations or violations subject to applicable law.
- Immediately report any driving violations or revocations or suspensions of your driver’s license to the Route Supervisor.
- Immediately report any safety issues, accidents, injuries, or mechanical problems with the vehicles or equipment to the Route Supervisor.
- Communicate any traffic or service problems, including closed roadways, to the Route Supervisor.
- Act as Team Lead of the helpers/lifters to ensure that they perform well and work cooperatively, and report any performance deficiencies to the Route Supervisor.
- Interact with customers and residents in a courteous, professional manner, and immediately report any resident or customer issues, requests, questions or feedback to the Route Supervisor.
- Treat customers’ and residents’ property with respect, ensuring that all receptacles are completely empty following pick-up and that no debris has been left behind.
- Assist driver helpers with physical pick-up of receptacles or materials as needed.
- Wear the provided safety gear while performing my duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Giordano Companies’ management.
Qualifications and Skills
- CDL Class A or B license. Current DOT Medical Card. Previous experience driving a CDL-required vehicle or equivalent military driving experience is required. This position may require early morning, late evening, weekend and holiday work.
- Requires the following: ability to frequently lift and handle (i.e. push, pull, bend, twist) objects up to 50 lbs.; dexterity in arms, legs, hands and fingers to permit proper operation of vehicle and equipment; tolerance to frequent exposure to dirt, noise and odors; ability to work outdoors, requiring performance of duties in hot and cold temperatures and all types of inclement weather.
- We offer medical, dental, and eye benefits for FULL TIME EMPLOYEES!
Job Type: Full-time